Guarantee Privacy Notice
Osprey Europe Ltd. is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to processing your Guarantee Claim as securely as possible. This privacy notice sets out, in line with GDPR, the types of data that we collect and hold on you, as a Guarantee claimant. It also sets out how we use that information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data.
Data Controller Details
The Company is a data controller, meaning that it determines the processes to be used when using your personal data. Our contact details are Osprey Europe Ltd., Talon House, Aston Way, Poole, Dorset, BH12 4FE.
Data Protection Principles
In relation to your personal data, we will:
- process it lawfully
- collect your data only for reasons related to processing your claim
- keep your data for only as long as we need it
- process it in a way that ensures it will not be used for any other reason than to service your claim
Types of Data we Process
If you make a claim, we may hold different types of data about you, including:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your phone number(s)
If You Do Not Provide Your Data to Us
If you choose not to provide us with the required data, we won’t be able to process your claim.
Sharing Your Data
Your data will be shared with colleagues within the Company where it is necessary for them to undertake their duties with regard to processing your claim.
Additionally, if you are travelling outside of the European Economic Area and need a repair, we may pass your information to third party repair agents to assist you with your claim in your current location.
Protecting Your Data
We are aware of the requirement to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We have implemented processes to guard against such.
How Long We Keep Your Data For
We will store your personal information for 6 months to assist us in resolving your claim and any further queries relating to it.
Your Rights in Relation to Your Data
The law on data protection gives you certain rights in relation to the data we hold on you. These are:
- The right to be informed This means that we must tell you how we use your data, and this is the purpose of this privacy notice
- The right of access You have the right to access the data that we hold on you. To do so, you should make a subject access request
- The right for any inaccuracies to be corrected If any data that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you are able to require us to correct it
- The right to have information deleted If you would like us to stop processing your data, you have the right to ask us to delete it from our systems where you believe there is no reason for us to continue processing it
- The right to restrict the processing of the data For example, if you believe the data we hold is incorrect, we will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct
- The right to portability You may transfer the data that we hold on you for your own purposes
- The right to object to the inclusion of any information You have the right to object to the way we use your data where we are using it for our legitimate interests
- The right to regulate any automated decision making and profiling of personal data You have a right not to be subject to automated decision making in a way that adversely affects your legal rights.
- Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the unrestricted right to withdraw that consent at any time Withdrawing your consent means that we will stop processing the data that you had previously given us consent to use. There will be no consequences for withdrawing your consent. However, in some cases, we may continue to use the data where so permitted by having a legitimate reason for doing so.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights explained above, please contact The Guarantee Manager at Osprey Europe Ltd, Talon House, Aston Way, Poole, Dorset, BH12 4FE.