How did you first get into Skiing?
My parents took me skiing when I was only a few years old at Kläppen, one of the family resorts in Sweden. After seeing an alpine skiing club train slalom there I was fascinated and wanted to try it, so my parents signed me up without knowing what was ahead. Looking back the entire family got dragged in to it. Both of my younger sisters changed to skicross and I eventually moved on to freeride, but it all started at the local ski school in Kläppen.
If you had to give one piece of advice to someone starting to Ski, what would it be?
One of the hardest things I have ever tried to explain is what skiing is to someone that has never seen snow. That really made me realise that it is a very weird activity, but it’s still my absolute favourite thing to do in this world. So if you’re giving it a try for the first time, just do it with an open and positive state of mind, have fun and be prepared to fall.
What is the most challenging or rewarding Ski Competition or Expedition you have achieved?
It would probably be the ski touring and winter camping expedition we did in Northern Norway last spring. We spent the trip in the area around the Lyngen Alps with the most amazing conditions ever, both weather and snow-wise, and skied so many amazing lines in an extraordinary landscape.
The Mutant has been my long-time favourite and is the most versatile backpack I’ve ever had. The updated version has so many features and functions, yet it’s still incredibly lightweight and adapts to any activity. It’s my perfect companion all year round and I use it for everything from climbing to mountaineering and ski touring.VIEW THE MUTANT SERIES
- 2003 – Begins competitive ski racing at the age of 10
- 2004 – First ski season in the Alps and freeride competitions
- 2015 – Attends an Alpine Climbing course triggering an interest in rock climbing and more high-alpine adventures on skis.
- 2016 – First article published in a ski magazine
- 2016 – Ski and Backpacking expedition to Nepal and summiting Surya Peak, 5 145 meters above sea level
- 2016 – 3rd at Scandinavian Big Mountain Championships in Riksgränsen, Sweden
- 2016 – NOLS Wilderness first responder course
- 2017 – 3rd at Freeride World Qualifier 3* event in Silvretta Montafon, Austria
- 2017 – 2 potential First Descent Ski Lines in the Lyngen Alps in Norway during a two-week ski touring mission
- 2017 – Founded Untracked Film Tour – a ski and snowboard movie film festival with stops all over Sweden
- 2017 – Starts working at Åka Skidor magazine as Web Editor.
- 2018 – First ski photo published in a magazine
- 2018 – Advanced avalanche safety course
- 2019 – trip to China to coach future Olympic ski racing athletes
- 2019 – picks up Monoskiing and moved to the mountain town Åre in Sweden