Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Osprey Europe Ltd. is aware of its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is committed to processing job applicant data securely and transparently. This privacy notice sets out, in line with GDPR, the types of data that we collect and hold on you, as a job applicant. It also sets out how we use that information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data.
Data Controller Details
The Company is a data controller, meaning that it determines the processes to be used when using your personal data. Our contact details are Osprey Europe Ltd., Talon House, Aston Way, Poole, Dorset, BH12 4FE.
Data Protection Principles
In relation to your personal data, we will:
- process it fairly, lawfully and in a clear, transparent way
- collect your data only for reasons that we find proper for the course of your employment in ways that have been explained to you
- only use it in the way that we have told you about
- ensure it is correct and up to date
- keep your data for only as long as we need it
- process it in a way that ensures it will not be used for anything that you are not aware of or have consented to (as appropriate), lost or destroyed
Types of Data we Process
If you apply for a job, we may hold different types of data about you, including:
- your personal details including your name, address, date of birth, email address, phone numbers
- your photograph
- marital status
- information included on your CV including references, education history and employment history
How We Collect Your Data
We collect data about you in a variety of ways including the information you would normally include in a CV or a job application cover letter, or notes made by our recruiting officers during a recruitment interview.
Why We Process Your Data
We collect data so that we can carry out activities which are in the legitimate interests of Osprey Europe Ltd. to make decisions about who to offer employment to.
If you are unsuccessful in obtaining employment, your data will not be used for any reason other than in the ways explained in relation to the specific application you have made.
If You Do Not Provide Your Data to Us
One of the reasons for processing your data is to allow us to carry out an effective recruitment process. Whilst you are under no obligation to provide us with your data, we may not be able to process, or continue with (as appropriate), your application.
Sharing Your Data
Your data will be shared with colleagues within the Company where it is necessary for them to undertake their duties with regard to recruitment. This includes, for example, the HR department, those in the department where the vacancy is and who is responsible for screening your application and interviewing you, the IT department where you require access to our systems to undertake any assessments requiring IT equipment.
We do not share your data with bodies outside of the European Economic Area.
Protecting Your Data
We are aware of the requirement to ensure your data is protected against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse. We have implemented processes to guard against such.
How Long We Keep Your Data For
In line with data protection principles, we only keep your data for as long as we need it for and this will depend on whether or not you are successful in obtaining employment with us.
If your application is not successful and we have not sought consent or you have not provided consent upon our request to keep your data for the purpose of future suitable job vacancies, we will keep your data for twelve months once the recruitment exercise ends. At the end of this period, we will delete or destroy your data. You may request deletion prior to this by contacting the HR Manager, Osprey Europe Ltd., Talon House, Aston Way, Poole, Dorset, BH12 4FE.
If your application is successful, your data will be kept and transferred to the systems we administer for employees. We have a separate privacy notice for employees, which will be provided to you.
Your Rights in Relation to Your Data
The law on data protection gives you certain rights in relation to the data we hold on you. These are:
- The right to be informed This means that we must tell you how we use your data, and this is the purpose of this privacy notice
- The right of access You have the right to access the data that we hold on you. To do so, you should make a subject access request
- The right for any inaccuracies to be corrected If any data that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you are able to require us to correct it
- The right to have information deleted If you would like us to stop processing your data, you have the right to ask us to delete it from our systems where you believe there is no reason for us to continue processing it
- The right to restrict the processing of the data For example, if you believe the data we hold is incorrect, we will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct
- The right to portability You may transfer the data that we hold on you for your own purposes
- The right to object to the inclusion of any information You have the right to object to the way we use your data where we are using it for our legitimate interests
- The right to regulate any automated decision making and profiling of personal data You have a right not to be subject to automated decision making in a way that adversely affects your legal rights.
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the unrestricted right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will stop processing the data that you had previously given us consent to use. There will be no consequences for withdrawing your consent. However, in some cases, we may continue to use the data where so permitted by having a legitimate reason for doing so.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights explained above, please contact The HR Manager at Osprey Europe Ltd, Talon House, Aston Way, Poole, Dorset, BH12 4FE.