IT Support Technician
Location: Poole HQ – Talon House
Salary: £28,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Support Technician at Osprey Europe’s brand new purpose built Headquarters in Poole, Dorset.
This new post has been created as a result of the company’s success and rapid growth, and is expected to evolve as Osprey Europe continues to expand. This is a fast-paced, innovative company which prides itself on delivering high quality products and excellent customer service.
The role requires a very proactive person with strong interpersonal skills and a broad range of IT support experience to work in a small team and deliver an excellent customer experience.
About the Role
Reporting to the IT Manager, the purpose of this role is to:
- Provide 1st to 3rd line support for all of the company’s ICT systems
- Perform regular monitoring, maintenance of the company systems
- Provide 3rd line break/fix support for all IT and electronic systems and software
- Develop and maintain information security best practices
- Play a part in new projects
- Mentor and support other members of the IT support team
About the Ideal Person
To apply for this role, it is essential you have a minimum of three years working in a 3rd line support role with hands on experience of installation and support of the following:
- Windows, Mac and Linux computers and servers
- Corporate software
- Data storage solutions
- Analogue and IP based telephony systems
- Complex networking / firewall environments
- CCTV and access control systems
You must also have an excellent knowledge of:
- Windows Small Business Server, 2008, 2012
- Email systems (Exchange / Sendmail / Postfix)
- Databases (MSSQL / MySQL)
- Sage 200
- Linux (Fedora/RHEL)
- Support of Microsoft AD domains,
- VMWare virtualised environments
- Strong understanding of networking principles
- Analogue / IP based telephony systems
- Local and cloud based backup solutions
- Experience of windows AD / Exchange migration projects would be preferred
In addition, you will demonstrate the following aptitudes/behaviours: –
- Extremely trustworthy
- Ability to work calmly and consistently under pressure
- Methodical/analytical approach to problem solving and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work autonomously, if required
- Adaptive to change
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to communicate clearly at all levels within the business and with third parties
- Strong learning and development objectives
- Ability to provide out of hours system monitoring and support on an ad-hoc basis
California 1974. Osprey was born at the seat of a single sewing machine with a head full of ideas and a desire to design & build innovative backpacks to the highest standards.
Since those humble beginnings, Osprey has built a worldwide reputation and distribution network that holds true to those founding principles.
Today Osprey packs are continuing that early pioneering spirit of daily adventure, from the highest mountains to the remotest islands and everywhere in between.
Osprey Europe was established in the UK in 2003 to handle supply of Osprey products to the European market and to increase its global recognition as an industry leader. This is a fast-paced, innovative company which prides itself on delivering high quality products and excellent customer service.
29 Days Holiday
Discretionary Bonus Scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme Option
Employee of the Month
Pension & Life Insurance
Casual Dress Code