Lionel is a professional mountaineer and qualified mountain guide. Early on in his career he traversed some of nature’s steepest landscapes. His achievements were recognised in 1995 when he received the Adventurer of the Year award.
The Talon 44 is my faithful companion. Without it I feel like I’m missing something.VIEW THE TALON SERIES
- Multiple first ascents including “Paradis artificiel” in the Pamir-Alaï mountain system and “Bon, la brute et le truand” in Aiguilles de Chamonix, (1993).
- World Tour of the most challenging summits. 12 solo ascents and multiple first ascents including the first solo summit of the “Petit Prince” route in the Aiguille St Exupéry (1994/1995).
- Piolet d’Or award and the Cristal FFME Chamonix award after his Alaska 1999 expedition to the Burkett Needle (2000).
- He crossed South Georgia lengthways in extreme weather conditions, reaching some of the world’s most inaccessible summits (2007).
- In 2011, he conquered a 700 km traverse of the Hautes Alpes in France, which was published in his book “Le Tour de la France” in 2014.
We caught up with Anne Wangler; Free skier, nature lover and self-proclaimed travel addict. She talks about how she first entered the skiing world and how skiing, travel and the outdoor is a way of life.Read More
We caught up with Christof Nettekoven, expedition climber. He talked about his passion for not only classic alpinism but also the rich cultural experiences that can be found on an expedition.Read More