Senior Office Administrator
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Office Administrator at Osprey Europe’s Headquarters based in Poole, Dorset. Osprey Europe was established in the UK in 2003 to handle the supply of Osprey products to the European market and to increase its global recognition as an industry leader. This is a fast-paced, innovative company which prides itself on delivering high quality products and excellent customer service.
California 1974. Osprey was born at the seat of a single sewing machine with a head full of ideas and a desire to design & build innovative backpacks to the highest standards.
Since those humble beginnings, Osprey has built a worldwide reputation and distribution network that holds true to those founding principles.
Today Osprey packs are continuing that early pioneering spirit of daily adventure, from the highest mountains to the remotest islands and everywhere in between.
Osprey Europe was established in the UK in 2003 to handle supply of Osprey products to the European market and to increase its global recognition as an industry leader.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the purpose of this role is to be the first point of contact for all HR-related queries, to administer all HR related documentation and lead on the recruitment process.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating recruitment including placing adverts, liaising with agencies, arranging interviews
- Preparing contracts of employment, pre-employment checks including references and processing all other new starter paperwork
- Coordinating induction for new starters
- Administering the appraisal and probationary review process
- Administering employee benefits including life insurance, pensions and medical insurance
- Co-ordinating employee training and development, team building and social events
- Keeping all personnel files up to date, both electronically and in hard copy
- Keeping an accurate record of all attendance, holiday and sickness
- Advising managers on any employee issues including performance and absence
- Co-ordinating disciplinary and grievance cases professionally and legally
- Keeping up to date with legislation and statutory requirements
- Ensuring HR policies and procedures are up to date and communicated as appropriate
- Providing and analysing HR KPI’s and implement actions plans where necessary
- Providing admin support for annual pay review and bonus payments
- Organising social events
- Other general administration as an when required to support the needs of the business
Poole Headquarters – United Kingdom
Key Skills required:
- Highly organised with strong administration skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive approach and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to develop new systems and processes to improve efficiency
- High standards of discretion, professionalism and integrity
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible and accommodating approach
- Previous experience in a HR role would be advantageous
About the Package:
- £25,000 p.a. pro rata
- Annual Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- 29 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) increasing to 33 with length of service
- Discounts on products
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Fun, dynamic, relaxed and professional company culture