Head of Marketing
Location: Poole HQ – Talon House
Salary: £90,000 per annum
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Marketing to join our Marketing Team in Poole, Dorset, UK.
About the Role
The primary responsibility of the role is the overall accountability for implementing the marketing strategy and positioning of the Osprey brand in Europe, including: –
- Planning and leadership to the Marketing, Creative and Web teams
- Ongoing liaison and relationships with internal and external parties including Sales and Retailers
- Managing the marketing strategy for the brand to increase market presence
- Developing and implementing seasonal Go-To-Market plans
- Providing creative input to the Company and brand
- Delivering a premium Direct-To-Customer digital brand experience
Part of the responsibilities will be to continually identify new and innovative methods to create and enhance the Company’s content for its brand, develop the seasonal marketing plan with respect to strategic market planning and market research programmes, and control the marketing budget. The role will be responsible for creating and executing marketing campaigns, analysing and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing efforts, managing media, external PR agencies and in-house PR.
About the Ideal Person
To apply for this position, it is essential that you have: –
- Demonstrable experience and proven track record of success working in a senior marketing role, ideally in the outdoor industry, or within consumer goods
- Knowledge of pan-European marketing, especially in the UK and Germany
- Knowledge of and active interest in the outdoor/sports markets and retailers, and/or travel, bike and lifestyle
- Proven experience of brand development, ideally in wholesale or retail
- Direct-To-Customer CRM, website, digital and social media experience with a demonstrated track record of growth, ideally Ecommerce
- Experience of managing a marketing team and working in a flexible, employee empowered work environment
- Marketing tools of the trade including, PR, written communication, website development, market research, Microsoft software suite of products, visual communication software products and creative services
- Experience of managing external PR agencies
A marketing degree or relevant CIM qualification would be desirable. You will be a strategic thinker with excellent planning skills, with a keen emphasis on implementation and outcome. In short a commercial marketer. To support the Company’s advancement you must have demonstrated an ability to increase productivity and continuously improve methods. You will possess creativity and insight, positivity, and the ability to instil enthusiasm in others.
This role will involve some work outside of office hours to attend events, with occasional travel outside of the UK. Ability and willingness to travel within Europe is essential.Apply
Osprey was born in California, 1974 at the seat of a single sewing machine, with a head full of ideas and a desire to design & build innovative backpacks to the highest quality. Today, Osprey products continue that pioneering spirit, being used on the highest mountains to the remotest islands and everywhere in between.
Specialising in Packs, providing the best Product, People and Processes.
Consider the long term