Terms & Conditions
2. Using our site
4. Privacy and cookies
5. Website and social media content including user-generated content
6. Tell a friend
7. Intellectual property rights
8. Unsolicited ideas
12. Events beyond our control
13. Law, courts and translations
Thanks for visiting our website. We are Osprey Europe Ltd, the European distributor of Osprey and a company registered in England and Wales no. 4881712 with registered address Talon House, Aston Way, Poole, Dorset BH12 4FE. VAT number GB835 1864 16. For information on how to contact us click here.
Osprey products are produced by Osprey Packs, Inc. a US corporation incorporated in the state of Colorado, of 115 W. Progress Circle Cortez, Colorado 81321 USA.
References in these terms and conditions (“Terms”) to “us” or “we” are to Osprey Europe Limited. References to “Osprey” are to Osprey Europe Limited and Osprey Packs, Inc.
Please read these Terms carefully before using our website or placing an order with us. If you’re under 18, please get a parent or guardian to read through these Terms and discuss them with you. If there are any of the provisions of these Terms that you don’t understand, please contact us to discuss.
If you don’t accept these Terms (note in particular terms 8 and 9) please don’t use or order from our website. If you visit or use our website and/or place any orders with us you’ll be bound by these Terms, and they will form a contract between you and us.
These Terms apply to the entire contents of our website and to any correspondence by email between us and you. Our Privacy and cookie statement doesn’t form part of these Terms but should be read also. Some parts of our website may also contain additional provisions which apply in addition to these terms.
These apply when you visit or use our website including when you purchase products from our website and when you enter an Osprey competition or prize draw or send or post content to our website
We may change these Terms at any time, in which case the amended Terms will be posted on our website and will apply from the date we post them (including to all entries to any competition or prize draw received after the date the changes were posted), with the exception that any orders that we have already accepted from you before the new Terms are posted will continue to be subject to the Terms in force when your order was made. Please check these Terms on each occasion you use our website. If you continue to use our site you will be bound by the latest Terms.
You agree to only use our site in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations and is consistent with these Terms and doesn’t infringe the rights of anyone else, nor restrict or inhibit their use and enjoyment of our site (including, amongst other things, hacking). We reserve the right in our sole discretion to deny any user access to our website without prior notice.
You may access and use most parts of our website, and purchase goods, without registering your details with us. To track order statuses, create and store shipping addresses, manage newsletter preferences and account details, enter a competition or prize draw, post comments or other content to our website, you need to register with us. Please ensure that the details you provide us with are correct and complete and inform us of any changes to the information that you provided when registering. You must make sure that you keep your password confidential. This means that you must not share your password or let anyone else access your account. Always ensure you log out of your account at the end of your session to avoid anyone else using it. You should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if your password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorised manner. We may disable any username or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
We use, store and process information about you in accordance with our Privacy and cookie statement. By using our website, you consent to our use, storage and processing of your information in accordance with that statement.
5.1. If you have a complaint about any content on (or sent via) our website or social media pages please notify us immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Complaint about content” in the subject line setting out:-
5.1.1. Your name, company or organisation name if relevant, contact details (both a land address, telephone number and email);
5.1.2. Details of the exact content complained of and details of why you are complaining about that content; and
5.1.3. Confirmation from you that the information you have provided is accurate, complete and not misleading.
Please note that no action can be taken without this information.
5.2. In these Terms references to ‘material’ include amongst other things text, photos and videos. You must not post or transmit to our website or social media pages any material:-
5.2.1. That is knowingly false or misleading, defamatory, illegal, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, liable to incite racial hatred, blasphemous, discriminatory, pornographic, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person’s privacy;
5.2.2. Which you don’t own or for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
5.2.3. Which is technically harmful (including, amongst other things, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data); or
5.2.4. Impersonating any person or entity, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with anyone or any entity.
5.3. If you post or transmit to our website or social media pages any material of the type prohibited under term 5.2 above (or which otherwise results in a claim or action against us) and we incur any costs, expenses, liability or losses as a result, then you agree to indemnify us for all such costs, expenses, liability and losses.
5.4. If you post or transmit any material to our website or social media pages (“contribution”):-
5.4.1. You grant Osprey a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide licence to use, highlight, comment, modify or reproduce your contributions in whole or part, in whatever form, on Osprey’s and its licensees’ websites, social media pages and other communications and publications promoting Osprey products;
5.4.2. By submitting a contribution you waive your moral rights including the right to be identified as the author of the content;
5.4.3. You grant us the right to use the name that you submit in connection with that material; and
5.4.4. We shall be entitled to reveal your identity (or any information which we have about you) to any third party who claims that any of that material violates any of their rights or to any government or regulatory authority that is entitled or requires us to do so.
5.5 Before sending us any materials containing information relating to, or images of, other people, please make sure that those people have agreed to their information/names/images being used in this way to the extent that this is necessary. Use of images is a complicated issue but as a general guide, if your photo/video features a crowd of people, you are less likely to need to obtain the consent of each person in the picture/video than if your photo/video is of a small group of people or a single person. The easier it is to identify a person from your photo/video, the more likely it is that you will need to obtain their consent. Special care should be taken when providing information or taking photographs/videos of children.
5.5. We may remove or edit any material or posting you make on our website or social media pages at any time.
6.1. If you use our “Tell a friend” service we will:-
6.1.1. Let the individual recipient know how we got their details;
6.1.2. Make your identity clear in the email that we send; and
6.1.3. Keep a record of the number of “Tell a friend” emails that you attempt to send.
6.2. We may block your use of this service if you:-
6.2.1. Knowingly suggest a friend whose consent you don’t have;
6.2.2. Use a fictitious name or email address;
6.2.3. Use the service with the intention to harass or cause a nuisance to a recipient; or
6.2.4. Send a personalised message within the email that contains inappropriate content or that is otherwise in breach of these Terms.
7.1. You acknowledge that all copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in our website and all photographs, footage, designs, images, text, software, data and other material in our site or generated by our site are owned by Osprey or our licensors. You are permitted to use the site and this material only as expressly authorised by us.
7.2. You are permitted to print and download extracts from our website for your personal non-commercial use, provided in each case that:-
7.2.1. Copyright and source indications are also printed and copied;
7.2.2. No modifications are made to the materials and they are not used as part of any other publication;
7.2.3. Any document is printed and copied entirely and is not used in a derogatory or misleading context; and
7.2.4. The material is not used in a manner which may damage our reputation or otherwise be harmful to us.
7.3. No other use of material on our website may be made without first obtaining our written permission. In particular, you must not do the following unless you have first obtained our written permission:-
7.3.1. Incorporate any material from our site in any other work or publication, whether in hard copy or electronic form; nor
7.3.2. Make any commercial use or publication of any material on our site (other than as necessary for the purpose of viewing the site in the course of business).
7.4. If you wish to use any material from our site other than in accordance with term 7.2 above please email your request to email@example.com with the subject line “Permissions request”.
7.5. The Osprey name and logo, plus our products names and feature names, such as Viper and Stow-on-the-Go, are trade marks of Osprey. Other logos and names used on our site may also be the trade marks of Osprey or their respective owners. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such trade marks, names or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder’s rights.
7.6. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
8.1. Whilst Osprey welcomes any feedback you have on any of our existing packs or pack features, Osprey does not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new products or features, product or feature improvements, new technologies, processes, materials, services, advertising or promotion campaigns, marketing, or new product/feature names. Please do not submit any unsolicited ideas, original creative artwork, suggestions or other works (“submissions”) in any form to Osprey or any of its employees. The purpose of this policy is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes when Osprey’s products, features, services or marketing strategies might seem similar to ideas submitted to Osprey. If, despite our request for you not send us your ideas, you still submit them, then regardless of the content of any letter, email, cover, or other transmission sent with the submission, the following terms shall apply to your submissions.
8.2. You agree that:-
8.2.1 Your submissions, their contents and any related materials will automatically become the property of Osprey, without any compensation to you or any third party;
8.2.2 Osprey may use or redistribute the submissions and their contents for any purpose and in any way;
8.2.3 There is no obligation for Osprey to review, keep, acknowledge, or return the submission or any related materials; and
8.2.4 There is no obligation on Osprey to keep any submissions confidential.
8.1. The information provided in our website is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on our website is correct, we don’t warrant the accuracy and completeness of that information. The material on our website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
8.2. We take every reasonable care to ensure that all orders and subsequent transactions are conducted via a secure link. However, the security of information and payments transmitted via the internet can’t be guaranteed and as we aren’t responsible for the operation of the secure link we won’t, unless we are negligent, be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party obtains unauthorised access to any information you provide.
8.3. We don’t warrant that the functions contained in our site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that our site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or bugs or represent full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. We won’t be liable for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system or any other damages (including amongst other losses, loss of profit or loss of use) arising out of your use or delay or inability to use our site, its content or any link to another website arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
10.1. We don’t limit in any way our liability by law for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of statutory duty or any other liability which can’t be excluded or limited under applicable law.
10.2. We won’t be liable for any loss or damage caused by us or our employees or agents in circumstances where:-
10.2.1. Loss or damage wasn’t reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when you commenced using our site or when a contract for the supply of products by us to you was formed;
10.2.2. Loss or damage wasn’t caused by any breach by us, our employees or agents; nor
10.2.3. Loss or damage relates to a business (including loss of profits, revenue, contracts, anticipated savings, data, goodwill or wasted expenditure).
11.1. Our site may contain links to third party websites. Such links are provided for your convenience only. We don’t control those websites and aren’t responsible for their contents. The mere inclusion of such links doesn’t imply any endorsement of the material on those websites nor any association with their operators. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to or from our website, you do so entirely at your own risk. We can’t guarantee that these links will work all the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
11.2. If you wish to link from your website to any pages of our site you may do so only on the basis that you link to, but don’t replicate, the website page, and subject to the following conditions:-
11.2.1. The linking text must simply consist of https://www.ospreyeurope.com. You may only use the Osprey logo if we have licensed you to do so;
11.2.2. You don’t remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of any logos on our site;
11.2.3. You don’t misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false information about us;
11.2.4. You don’t otherwise use any Osprey trade marks displayed on our site without our express written permission;
11.2.5. You don’t link from a website that is not owned by you; and
11.2.6. Your website doesn’t contain content that is distasteful, pornographic, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or any other content of the type referred to in term 5.2 or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
11.3. At any time and at our complete discretion we reserve the right to withdraw the permission to make website links to our site.
12. If any provisions of these Terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any country in which these Terms apply, then so far as these Terms apply within that country in which those provisions are illegal, invalid or unenforceable those provisions shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
13. If you breach these Terms and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies at a later date or in any other situation where you breach these Terms.
We won’t be liable to you for any delay in delivering any products or for breach of our obligations, if the delay or breach is due to acts of God, civil commotion, riots, malicious damage, adverse weather conditions, floods, drought, fire, epidemic, legislation, failure of ISP or telecommunications provider or any other cause beyond our reasonable control. This does not affect your statutory rights.
These Terms, use of our site, the supply of products and services by us and all Osprey competitions and prize draws are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with English law.
For your convenience we may from time to time display a translated version of these Terms on our website in languages other than English, and if so the translated versions are intended to be (so far as possible) an exact translation of the English version. In the event of any difference in meaning between the English version and a translated version, the English version will take precedence and apply.
16.1. All orders for products are subject to availability and we reserve the right to refuse to supply to any individual or company.
16.2. Your submission of an order represents an offer to purchase the products indicated by you and is not binding on us until we have accepted your order. This means that if a product is shown on our site but is not available or is incorrectly priced or otherwise incorrectly described or if we are unable to arrange delivery to your address or wish to decline your order for any reason, we won’t be obliged to sell you that product in which case we will let you know and will not charge you for the product.
16.3. Shortly after we receive your order, we will acknowledge it by email, detailing the products you have ordered. This email is issued automatically and doesn’t mean that your order is accepted.
16.4. Acceptance of your order for a product and completion of the contract between you and us will take place when we dispatch the product to you. Any products on the same order which we have not dispatched to you don’t form part of that contract.
16.5. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the details provided on the order form.
The price you pay is the price displayed on our site at the time we receive your order apart from where an error has occurred in displaying the price. Whilst we do our best to ensure that all prices on our site are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of products you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we‘re unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the products, you will receive a full refund. Prices displayed include VAT where applicable.
All sizes and dimensions of products as indicated on our site are approximate but we make every effort to make sure they are as accurate as possible. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours of the images that appear on our site. However, as the actual colours you see will depend on your device, we can’t guarantee that the display on your device of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the product on delivery.
How can I pay for my order?
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Visa Debit, Solo, and Visa Electron cards. You can also choose to pay via PayPal. We can’t accept payment by cheque.
Who is responsible for the transaction through the website?
We, Osprey Europe are responsible for the website transaction. When processing a transaction you’ll be referred to Sage Pay’s (our payment service provider) secure payment page, which is indicated by the https at the beginning of the URL (SSL).
When will I be charged for my order?
You will be charged as soon as your card or PayPal transaction is authorised and completes.
By placing an order you consent to payment being charged to your debit or credit card or PayPal account as provided on the order form.
If we can’t complete your order, we’ll refund all sums you have paid.
In case of query, please call +44 (0)1202 946444 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm UK time, excluding bank holidays in England), quoting your order reference number.
I’m having problems with making a payment. What should I do?
If you are having problems making a payment using the site, please call +44 (0)1202 946444 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm UK time, excluding bank holidays in England). Please note, whilst we are responsible for the transaction, this is an area over which we have very little control.
My payment has been declined. What do I do?
The first thing to check is that you entered all of your card details correctly, and that the billing address you entered matches the address that your card issuer/PayPal holds for your account. If the problem still persists, then we recommend that you contact your card issuer/PayPal. Please note, this is an area over which we have very little control.
What are ‘Verified by Visa’ and MasterCard SecureCode?
These are both schemes deployed by card issuers to combat online fraud. If you’ve signed up to either Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode then a form will appear after you’ve entered your card details asking you to enter the password that you have registered.
If you haven’t signed up to either scheme, but your card is eligible, then your card issuer may show you a form suggesting that you sign up. You are able to register immediately or indicate that you wish to do so at a later date. To find out more about these schemes, please visit Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode.
The payment screen has frozen. What’s happened?
In a small number of instances the payment screen may freeze due to an issue in connecting to your card issuer’s page to complete the additional ‘Verified by Visa’ or ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ security checks. This is almost certainly due to the preferences set within your browser. We suggest you try to process the transaction using another browser (for example use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer). If the problem still persists, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and as much of the following as possible:
- Your operating system (e.g. Windows 8, Mac OS X)
- The browser you’re using (e.g. Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Safari etc.)
- The page URL you were trying to access (e.g. https://www.ospreyeurope.com)
- The date and time that you experienced the problem
- If an error message appeared on the screen, it would really help if you take a screen shot (press the ‘Print Screen’ button (to the right of your ‘F’ keys, top right of your keyboard) then paste into the email you send us)
I’ve tried to place an order but haven’t had an order confirmation email, although money has left my account. What has happened?
First check your email spam folder. The confirmation email will have been sent from email@example.com. If you still can’t see your order confirmation email, please contact our Customer Services Team who will check to see if your order has been placed on our system. If you failed to reach the order confirmation screen it’s unlikely that your order was successful. However, if money has left your account, please be assured that it will be returned by your card issuer or PayPal. Osprey Europe will only keep a payment once an Order Number has been issued, and the items purchased have been dispatched.
I suspect that someone has fraudulently used my card to order from your site.
Please advise both us and your credit card company at the earliest opportunity.
What are your delivery charges?
(1-6 Business Days)
|UK & Channel Islands||FREE|
We don’t currently deliver to any countries other than the above.
Will you inform me when my order has been shipped?
Yes. When your order is processed and dispatched from our warehouse, you will receive an email informing you that your parcel has been shipped. You may also be able to track the delivery of your order via our carrier’s website (dependent upon the country we’re shipping to). You can also log in to ‘My Account’ to retrieve this information.
How long should I allow for my parcel to reach me?
Our standard delivery is between 1 and 6 days, depending on the country to which the parcel is sent. Please note that adverse weather conditions and other circumstances beyond our control can seriously impact these delivery times.
We make every effort to deliver products within the above timescales, however delays are occasionally inevitable. If you don’t receive your goods within the time quoted above, please contact customer services on +44 (0)1202 946444. If we fail to deliver your order within 30 days we’ll notify you of the reason for the delay and you may cancel your order and we will provide you with a refund for the products not delivered. We will have no other liability to you in the event of delay in delivery.
I don’t live in the UK, can I still order from your website?
We ship to Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.
Can you ship more than one order at the same time?
We don’t have the facilities for this. All orders placed on this website will be delivered to your chosen delivery address.
Can you ship different items from the same order to different addresses?
No, if you wish to send items to different addresses please place a separate order for each item.
Do I have to sign for my parcel?
Yes, a signature is required for all parcel deliveries from Osprey Europe. If it’s convenient for you, consider having your parcel sent to your work address.
What happens if I am out when the carrier tries to deliver my parcel?
The carrier will try one further delivery to the address specified. If there is no-one available to sign for the parcel on the second occasion, the parcel will be taken to your local Post Office for collection. For customers outside of the UK, if there is no one available to sign the carrier will take the parcel to your local Post Office or depot. You will be left a card to inform you where to collect your parcel.
Do you deliver to BFPO addresses?
At this time, we don’t offer deliveries to BFPO addresses.
My order is being delivered to an address outside of the UK. Will I be charged import duty?
If you live in a country that is a member of the EU, then no import duty will need to be paid. If you live outside of the EU, then you will be liable for any local sales tax or import duty as we ship these countries on a DDU basis (Delivery Duty Unpaid).
Policies on customs do vary from country to country, so we recommend that you speak with your local customs office for specific information.
Osprey Europe can’t be held responsible for confiscation of any items by local customs authorities, and have no control over import charges and can’t confirm their costs. You’ll need to provide any required information to local authorities to ensure your parcel(s) are cleared.
My order has been delivered, but there are items missing.
We’re sorry that you have item(s) missing from your order, but please note that due to the size of our packs, purchases may be dispatched as two separate deliveries. We recommend reviewing your Order Confirmation email first as this will indicate the expected delivery date for each item. The next step would be to track your order online via the carrier’s website, where applicable. If you have checked both of these and you still believe that there are item(s) missing, please call our Customer Services team on +44 (0) 1202 946444. Our opening hours are 8.30am to 5pm (UK time) Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays in England).
Once I’ve placed my order, can I change the delivery address?
We cannot change the delivery address once your order has been processed.
Can I cancel or amend my order?
If you wish to cancel your order, please inform us in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring you quote your Order Number in all correspondence. Providing your order hasn’t yet been dispatched from our warehouse we’ll happily cancel it for you and process your refund. Once your order has been dispatched you’ll need to wait for it to arrive and then you can return for a refund – see below.
We cannot amend your order once it’s been placed (e.g. change the colour or add another pack). If you change your mind, you’ll need to cancel your order and place another one.
What are my rights under the Consumer Protection Regulations?
Under the UK’s Consumer Protection Regulations, you have a number of ‘statutory’ or legal rights. One of these is the right to cancel your transaction and receive a full refund.
Your statutory cancellation right, otherwise known as a ‘cooling-off’ period, lasts for 14 working days starting the day after you receive your order. Note – we give you 30 days to return your order (or this may be longer during the Christmas period) – see below. You’re required to take reasonable care of the product and not use it whilst it’s in your possession. Until you are sure that you want to keep the products you have ordered, you must carefully handle the products only to the extent that you would handle them if you were looking at the products or carefully trying them on, in a shop in order to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products, and you must not otherwise use them. Products must be returned to us in their original packaging, with all tags intact and in good, re-saleable condition and unused. This right to cancel does not apply to products which have been customised to your requirements, nor to enhanced delivery services (such as Timed next day delivery)
To exercise your statutory cancellation right please notify us in writing of your cancellation by emailing email@example.com quoting your Order Number.
For more information see below.
What is your policy on returns?
We want all of our customers to be 100% happy with their purchase. Except where we have customised a product to your requirements, if you need to return an unused item to us, you can do so within 30 days of receiving it. The returned items must be returned unused and with all original packaging, tags & labels.
To help you with your Christmas shopping we offer an extended Christmas returns policy. Products ordered between 1 December and 24 December can be returned to us by the following 31 January, i.e. if you order between 1 December and 24 December 2016 you must return the item to us so that we receive it back by 31 January 2017.
Note – we won’t issue a refund for products customised to your requirements (unless they are faulty) nor if the product has been used, damaged or tampered with. This does not affect your statutory rights.
If you experience a problem with your product once you have used it please see our Guarantee page and Returns section if products are faulty.
Do I have to pay for returning a product?
You are responsible for paying for returns, unless there has been an error on our part or because the product is faulty, then we will cover reasonable postage costs which you incur in returning the item on receipt of evidence of these costs.
When returning the item(s), please provide us with all original packaging, tags & labels.
- Complete this form to tell us why you’re returning your item. If the product is damaged or faulty, clearly mark what the issues are and where there is damage.
- Put the item(s) you wish to return in a box taking care to protect the contents.
- Cut out the return label in the return form and attach to the box.
- Wrap the original packaging around the box and securely seal it. If the original packaging has been lost or damaged, please use alternative packaging to securely wrap the box.
- Take the wrapped parcel to your nearest Post Office. We strongly advise that you ask for Proof of Postage or a recorded-delivery service for your peace of mind, as all parcels are returned at your risk. We can’t accept liability for items that are lost in transit.
Until the products are returned to us, you must not use them and must take reasonable care of them and ensure that they are returned to us in a re-saleable condition.
Please note the address to return items is:
Osprey Europe Limited
If you cancel (and where already delivered, return) your order in accordance with the above provisions we will (subject as stated below) refund to you:-
- The purchase price for the item cancelled/returned
- The standard delivery charge for the item cancelled/returned. Note – where you ordered a number of items and only cancel/return some of them, delivery charges will not be refunded except for such part of the delivery charges that relate specifically to the items returned. Any extra charges for Express Delivery and gift wrapping will also not be refunded
When making a refund (other than a refund for a faulty product), we will deduct form the sum to be refunded any reduction in the value of the products returned caused by you using or handling the products beyond the manner in which you would handle the products if you were looking at them in a shop in order to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products.
Any refund issued under these provisions will be made, using the same means of payment as you used for your order, within 14 days of:-
- Us receiving the products back; or
- (If earlier) you providing evidence that you have returned the products; or
- If you cancel before we dispatch the products, of you telling us that you want to cancel the order.
You will not incur any fees as a result of the refund but we will not make the refund until we have received the products back from you or you have supplied evidence of having sent the products, whichever is earliest.
If for any reason you suspect that your credit card has been used to make an inaccurate or incorrect transaction through this website, please advise us at the earliest opportunity by calling our Customer Service Team +44 (0)1202 946444. We will investigate and arrange a refund as necessary.
I’ve received the wrong product in my order
We’re really sorry that this has happened. Please call our Customer Services Team on +44 (0)1202 946444. Our opening hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays in England). Alternatively, please send us an email, quoting your Order Number to firstname.lastname@example.org or return the product to us for a refund, see return process above.
I’ve received a faulty item
We’re really sorry that this has happened, and we want you to be fully satisfied with your Osprey product. If you would like to report delivery of a faulty item, please see below or click here to be taken to our Guarantee page.
If you receive a product which is faulty, please contact our Customer Services Team as soon as possible. You can call on +44 (0)1202 946444. Our opening hours are 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays in England). Alternatively, please send us an email, quoting your Order Number to email@example.com. If sending an email, please describe the issue and if possible attach a photo of the fault.
By law you are entitled to receive products which are as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality and our aim is to make sure that you do.
You can find out about your rights as a consumer if you receive faulty goods at the Citizens Advice Bureau’s guidance The Consumer Rights Act 2015.
To get your product repaired or replaced, or to receive a refund, you will need to return it to us and our Customer Services Team will help you do this, either by emailing you a free returns label or by arranging collection.
Can I return an item to one of your dealers’ stores?
No. Any products bought from our website must be returned by post to us, using the returns label provided.
I’ve not received a full refund
When making a refund (other than if the product is faulty) we will deduct from the sum to be refunded any reduction in the value of the products returned caused by you using, wearing or handling the products beyond the manner in which you would handle the products if you were looking at them, or trying them on, in a shop in order to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products.
But we’re very sorry if we’ve made a mistake in refunding your order. Do please remember that in certain circumstances we do not refund the delivery charge and will make a deduction for any reduction in value caused by your use of the products – see Refunds. In the event that you’ve received an incorrect refund, please call our Customer Services Team on +44 (0)1202 946444 who will do their best to resolve it quickly and efficiently.
Will you inform me once you’ve received my returned product(s)?
Yes, we will email you as soon as we have received your returned item(s). Please allow up to 10 days for us to receive your return from the day you posted it if you’re in the UK, or 21 days if you are returning items from outside the UK.
How quickly will my refund show on my account?
We aim to process all refunds within 5 working days of receipt of the returned product or if you cancel before we dispatch the products, of you telling us that you want to cancel your order, although during busy periods this may vary. If you paid by a card, please also allow up to an additional 5 working days for your bank to handle the credit and post it to your account. Osprey Europe has no control over this part of the refund process.
Note – we will not make the refund until we have received the products back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the products, whichever is earliest.
Can my refund be processed to a different card or account?
We can only process refunds by your original payment method, with the following exceptions:
- If the card you used for payment has expired
- The account that you made payment from no longer exists
I bought one of your products from one of your dealers’ stores and it’s faulty. Can I send it back to you for a refund?
No, please return the product to the store that you bought it from and they will handle the refund.
22.1. Customer Service/complaints
22.1.2 We hope that you are happy with your products and the service you receive, but should you have any queries or problems please contact our Customer Services Team on +44 (0)1202 946444 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
22.1.3 We will try to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible but if we are unable to do so you may refer your complaint to an ADR (alternative dispute resolution) provider https://www.tradingstandards.uk/consumers/support-advice?qry=ADR and we will cooperate with the ADR provider in trying to find a mutually acceptable resolution.
22.1.4 Alternatively, you may refer the matter to the Online Dispute Resolution Platform with whom we will cooperate in trying to find a mutually acceptable resolution.
1. References in these Terms to “Competition” include both competitions and prize draws unless indicated otherwise.
2. These Terms apply in addition to the specific rules stated in the promotional materials for the Competition (“Specific Rules”) and you should follow the instructions for each Competition carefully in order to enter. You should therefore read these Terms in combination with any Specific Rules. Where any Specific Rules conflict with these Terms, the Specific Rules will take precedence.
3. Employees of Osprey Europe, its distributors, agents and anyone connected with a Competition, together with their families, may not enter a Competition.
4. If you’re not the bill payer for the mobile phone you’re using, you must get permission from the bill payer before entering a Competition by text.
5. Note that invalid or unsuccessful entries made via premium rate phone numbers or text may still be charged.
6. For Competitions linked to entrants signing up to receive Osprey news, the winner will be selected from all entrants who enter by the closing date and who are still subscribed to receive Osprey news at that date.
7. Winners should allow up to 28 days for delivery of prizes or any longer period referred to in the Specific Rules.
8. Prizes will be dispatched to winners via the UK mail service, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control.
9. Should a winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us.
10. We reserve the right to request proof of a winner’s identity in the form of a passport or driver’s licence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that a winner can’t provide us with proof of identity reasonably acceptable to us, we may withdraw the prize and select another winner.
11. If a winner doesn’t claim a prize within 28 days of being notified, or if a winner isn’t available to take up the prize, we may award the prize to another entrant (or not award the prize at all) without liability to the winner.
12. All prizes are subject to availability, non transferable and non exchangeable. We may change the prize to a prize that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. There is no cash alternative.
13. For any prize provided by a third party, such as holidays or excursions, winners are required to meet all conditions and stipulations of that third party.
14. For prizes involving travel, the winner is responsible for ensuring that they have a valid passport if required and any other necessary documentation together with appropriate travel insurance.
15. Where prizes include a place for a travelling companion/guest (e.g. a holiday for the winner plus guest) then these Terms also apply to those persons.
16. No additional, further or other costs or expenses are included in any prize unless stated. For example, the costs of transport to and from a venue or an event are not included nor insurance and any accommodation prize includes basic room cost only.
17. We will not be liable or responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any winner who fails to redeem a holiday prize for any reason, including amongst other things as a result of any Government travel warning or advisory (and shall have no obligation to substitute any alternative prize, cash equivalent or other compensation).
18. Where a prize involves the winner’s attendance at (or tickets to) an event, we will not be liable or responsible if any part of the event is cancelled, varied or rescheduled for any reason. If this means that the winner (and/or any accompanying guests) cannot attend the relevant event, we shall be under no obligation to provide any cash or alternative tickets.
19. Where prizes involve “meet and greet” elements with celebrities/athletes, the prize may be subject to the availability of the celebrity/athlete in question and we will have no liability for any inability or failure of any winner to attend any “meet and greet” session offered on any date nor will we offer any alternative prize or cash alternative or compensation for such failure.
20. Sending a text message or email or posting an entry isn’t proof of receipt of entry. Neither we nor our contractors accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem in any telephone network or line, system, server, provider or otherwise which may result in any text message, email or postal entry being lost or not properly recorded. We are also not responsible for traffic congestion or other capacity issues which may result in a text message or email not being able to get through or a text message or email not being recorded.
21. Unless specified otherwise entrants must only enter each Competition once and must use their legal name. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won. Entrants may not enter or participate as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person, syndicate, group, society or company. You may not enter a Competition using automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits any person to enter any Competition repeatedly.
22. All entries must be the original work of the entrant. Entries won’t be returned and become our property. By submitting your entry you undertake to us that your entry is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights and assign all copyright and other intellectual property rights in your entry to us and you irrevocably and unconditionally waive in perpetuity any so called “moral rights” in your entries and grant any consents required under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 so that we may use and amend your entries in any way without limitation, including (but not limited to) post promotion publication.
23. You agree that if you win we may publish your name.If you win you may also be required to participate in publicity, including photographs and videos, which may be used to promote our products. You agree that we may use all resulting publicity materials in any medium (including online).
24. Before sending us any photos or video containing images of people, please make sure that those people have agreed to their images being used in this way to the extent that this is necessary. This is a complicated issue but as a general guide, if your photo features a crowd of people, you are less likely to need to obtain the consent of each person in the picture than if your photo is of a small group of people or a single person. The easier it is to identify a person from your photo, the more likely it is that you will need to obtain their consent. Special care should be taken when taking photographs of children.
25. In entering a Competition you must not submit any material of the types referred to in term 5.2 (Website and social media content and user-generated content).
26. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the Competition or the prize but this won’t exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence.
27. Any personal data collected will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation. Please see our Privacy and cookie statement for further details.
28. Our decision as to the winner is final. In the event of any dispute regarding the Competition, our decision will be binding and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
29. We may disqualify you from winning the prize if we have reasonable grounds to suspect you may be in breach of the Competition rules or these Terms and/or your use of a mobile phone and/or your participation in the Competition may be fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
30. We reserve the right to amend or to cancel, alter or amend a Competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in our opinion, or if circumstances arise outside our control.
Please read the following guidelines, terms and conditions below carefully before entering the competition.
- The Competition is open to UK residents aged 16 or over, with the exception of employees of Ordnance Survey, Osprey Europe, their families, their agents or anyone professionally connected with the Competition.
- The closing date for the Competition is midnight on Friday 15 October 2017.
- The Prizes consists of:
- 1 x First Prize: 1 x Atmos or Aura AG (colour to ber determined by availability), 12L Ultralight Drysack, Medium sized Double Sided Packing Cube, 12L Ultralight Stretch Stuff Sack from Osprey Europe and 1 x 12 month OS Maps subscription, GetOutside Primal Tech Top (in size of winner’s choice), Lifeventure/OS Hydroseal phone case, OS Custom Made paper map, OS Pathfinder walking book of area of choice, GetOutside enamel mug from Ordnance Survey.
- 1 x Runner Up Prizes: 12 month OS Maps subscription, OS Pathfinder walking book of area of choice, Lifeventure/OS Hydroseal phone case from Ordnance Survey and 1 x 12L Ultralight Stretch Stuff Sack from Osprey Europe.The winner will be selected at random from all entrants who enter by midnight on 15 October 2017 and who are still subscribed to receive Osprey and Ordnance Survey newsletters. Should a winner’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us. If a winner doesn’t claim a prize within 30 days of being notified, or if a winner isn’t available to take up the prize, we may award the prize to another entrant (or not award the prize at all) without liability to the winner.
- If a winner doesn’t claim a prize within 30 days of being notified, or if a winner isn’t available to take up the prize, we may award the prize to another entrant (or not award the prize at all) without liability to the winner.
- The prizes are non-transferable and has no cash alternative. The Prize will be dispatched to the email address supplied by each prize draw winner within 14 days of the closing date. The winners cannot exchange their Prize for any other prize or a cash alternative. In the event of unforeseen circumstances Ordnance Survey and Osprey Europe reserves the right to substitute the Prizes for alternatives of equal or greater value. Prizes will be despatched to winners from Osprey via DPD, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any prizes which are lost, delayed or damaged in the post for reasons beyond our control. Winners should allow up to 28 days for delivery of prizes. Please note that prizes may arrive as 2 x separate deliveries.
- Only one entry per email address will be valid.
- By entering the competition you agree that if you win your name, town and photo may be publicised. If you win you may also be required to participate in publicity, including photographs and videos, which may be used to promote Osprey and or Ordnance Survey products. You agree that we may use all resulting publicity materials in any medium (including online).
- OS will not pass your details onto third parties except Osprey Europe, where an opt in has been identified.
- By entering the Competition, you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English Law and the court of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The promoter of the Competition is Ordnance Survey, Adanac Drive, Southampton, SO16 0AS, United Kingdom.
www.ospreyeurope.com is a business to consumer (B2C) website only.