Privacy & Cookie Statement
- Clear User’s Consent
- What information do we collect?
- How is your information used?
- When might we provide personal information to others?
- Where is the information stored?
- Using our social media pages
- Using our ‘Tell a friend’ services
- How long we keep your data for
- Your rights
- Your acceptance of this statement
At Osprey Europe Limited we respect the privacy of our customers, visitors to our website, entrants in our competitions and users of our apps.
Data Controller Details
In this statement references to Osprey Europe are to Osprey Europe Limited of Talon House, Aston Way, Poole, Dorset BH12 4FE and references to Osprey are to Osprey Europe Limited and Osprey Packs, inc, of 115 Progress Circle, Cortez, Colorado 81321 USA.
Osprey Europe Limited is a data controller, meaning that it determines the processes to be used when using your personal data (“we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice). References to “you” or “your” are to users of our site, our apps and our other services and entrants of our competitions, as applicable.
This statement explains, in line with GDPR, our privacy and data protection practices in connection with:-
- Our websites and social media pages
- Our apps
- Emails and text messages which we send to our customers and recipients of our newsletters
- Entrants in our competitions
- What information we collect, how we use that information, how long we keep it for and what controls you have
We need to collect and use personal information to fulfil the expectations and requirements of our users and customers, e.g. by communicating with you and providing an interactive service.
Clear User’s Consent:
By using the relevant website, by submitting personal data to Osprey or by clicking “I Agree”, depending on the website, service, or application you are using, you express your consent and agreement to the processing of your personal data in the manner provided in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please do not use the website, or provide Osprey with your personal data, or do not grant your consent otherwise.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following kinds of information about our website and app users:-
- Non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This tells us information like how many people use our site, how many people visit on a regular basis, which pages are most popular and which pages are least popular. This information doesn’t tell us anything about who you are or where you live, it simply allows us to monitor and improve our service
- Personal information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, date of birth (where appropriate), card or bank details, information about your interests and hobbies etc. We collect this information only in connection with specific activities, such as newsletter requests, product purchases, feedback, competition entries etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our site or use our apps. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services
- User-Generated Content We may also collect other information that you submit or disclose in connection with our services, such as product interests, reviews, feedback, testimonials, ideas, postings, submissions, photographs, diagrams, drawings, plans, notes, suggestions, inventions, creative materials, videos, designs, and other information. Where applicable we will ask permission before using your content on our website or social media platforms
- Device information such as information about the device (for example, iPhone or iPad) or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of our apps onto, including, where available: the device’s or computer’s unique device identifiers, operating system, browser type and, if applicable, mobile network information as well as the device’s telephone number, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
- Location information when you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of these services may require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by changing the App settings on your device
- Unique application numbers when you install or uninstall an app containing a unique application number or when such an app searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us
In addition, our apps will collect and track information regarding the app experience – such as your phone model, the duration and frequency of your usage sessions, information regarding application crashes, the particular screens you choose to view, etc.
How is your information used?
We use the information you provide to:-
- Process sales transactions
- Fulfil website visitor requests, e.g. competition entries, provision of newsletters and general customer service communication
- Record any contact we have with you
- Communicate with our customers and newsletter subscribers
- Provide a personalised service to you when you visit our website e.g. by customising the content and/or layout of our pages for each individual user
- Prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- Provide you with information which we think may be of interest to you (see below)
- Profile the use of our website and carry out research on our users’ demographics, interests and behaviour to help us gain a better understanding of how our users navigate and use our website (here information is used in aggregate and therefore anonymously)
- Improve our service to our users
- Identify contributors
We use personal information to communicate with our customers/subscribers about:-
- Our activities and promotions and about updates to our website, apps and new products
From time to time we also share customer information with other like-minded organisations. (We won’t share your information with these organisations if you have indicated that you don’t want us to).
By entering an Osprey Europe competition or prize draw you will generally be agreeing to receive newsletters, mailings, emails or text messages from Osprey Europe. If you later decide that you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can let us know by emailing: email@example.com, or by telephoning +44 (0)1202 946444.
If we contact you by email or text, each time you receive a message you will also have the option to decline to receive further information from us in that manner.
Which cookies does Osprey Europe use?
Our site and apps use:-
- Session cookies – These are temporary and only stored in your computer/device’s memory for the time that you’re browsing our site/using our app. They’re deleted as soon as you end your session
- Permanent or stored cookies – These remain on your computer/device even after you’ve finished your session
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are required for the operation of our site or app, e.g. cookies to enable you to log into our website
- Analytical/performance cookies – These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our site or users of our app, and see how our visitors move around our site, so we can improve the way our site or app works, e.g. by ensuring that users can find what they’re looking for easily
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to our site or app, so we can personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences, e.g. your choice of text size or colour choice
- Targeting cookies – These record your visit to our site or apps, the pages you’ve visited and the links you’ve followed. We’ll use this information to make our site or apps more relevant to your interests.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
|FRONTEND||Records your session ID on the server.||Flash|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store||Session|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.||Session|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to||Session|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.||Flash|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.||Session|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.||Session|
||Allows us to research usage trends and visitor trends.||Vary|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.||Session|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.||Session|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency||Session|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||We like to track usage on our website, so this allows us to capture whether users are new or returning customers||Session|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.||Permanent|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.||Session|
|LAST_CATEGORY||Records the last category you visited.||Session|
|LAST_PRODUCT||Records the most recent product you have viewed.||Session|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.||Session|
|NO_CACHE||In order to speed up the website to provide a better experience, the content of pages is stored within your browser’s cache. This cookie tells us whether this process is enabled.||Flash|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.||Session|
|POLL||Records the ID of any polls you have recently voted in.||Session|
|POLLN||Records information on what polls you have voted on.||Session|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||Records the items that you have recently compared.||Session|
|STF||Records information on products you have emailed to friends.||Session|
|STORE||Records the store view or language you have selected.||Session|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||Records the products that you have recently viewed.||Session|
|modal_popup_viewed||Registers that you hav viewed newsletter sign up modal.||Permanent|
|.ASPXFORMSAUTH||fonts.com web fonts||Flash|
Do you have to accept cookies?
Cookies help us to improve our site and apps and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:-
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site or app according to your individual interests
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise you when you return to our site or app so as to avoid lengthy registration on each visit
- Identify who you are and to access your account information
- Ensure that you are not asked to register twice
- Control how often visitors see similar ads
- Track the progress and number of entries in our promotions and competitions
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, can be found at the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website www.allaboutcookies.org
Third party services
- Osprey Europe uses a variety of services hosted by third parties to help us provide and manage our services. When you use our website or apps these third parties may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page or app request, such as cookies or your IP address
www.ospreyeurope.com uses third party services including the following. Links to the individual privacy policies have been included:-
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use LiveChat in order to communicate with our users in real-time and as a ticketing system when outside of office hours. Prior to starting LiveChat with us, users must tick and accept that they understand and acknowledge that personal data shall be processed and transmitted in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Information stored within LiveChat during and after use includes: geographic location based on device’s IP address, device, operating system, browser and the LiveChat conversation itself. If returning visitors login with the same email address Chats can be linked for historical purposes, improving user-experience by allowing Web Customer Assistants the opportunity to understand the specific users’ previous requests. All LiveChats and Tickets are deleted from the LiveChat system after 365 days.
We use HeatMap in order to optimise the website service and user-experience. Information collected includes: mouse and touch activity (but no keyboard activity), device screen size, geographic location (country only), pages visited, date and time when website pages were accessed, however, all stored data is anonymised and aggregated by design. Neither HeatMap nor we will ever use (or can use) this information to identify individual users or to match it with further data on an individual user. You can opt-out at any time which will prevent data tracking when you navigate on www.ospreyeurope.com and any of HeatMap’s clients’ websites by following the link above.
We use Foursixty to use their API and related website services that enable us to secure rights to use photos and videos that have been posted on Instagram using @ and # Osprey Europe tags. Public uploads and posts from social media sites (including publicly posted photographs and videos, along with the Instagram URL, date/time of posting, and associated caption of the posts) are pulled into our Foursixty account where we can then request permission from the owner to display these assets on the front-end of ospreyeurope.com, Blog pages, galleries and Product Pages. We use this user-generated content to promote the Osprey Community and demonstrate users and athletes etc. using our products.
The Facebook Pixel stores anonymous data which allows us to serve adverts on the Facebook social platform that are relevant to the products and pages you have visited on ospreyeurope.com. Information collected only includes: pages viewed. Osprey Europe does not have access to any personal details during this process. Facebook anonymously handles the connection of “Page View” data to Facebook profiles allowing for the distribution of personalised adverts.
Affili.net tracking is a service which allows us to reward partner websites who link to ospreyeurope.com. The information that is collected includes: referral source, session duration and anonymous purchase data. No personal data is collected in this process and the data is only used to confirm referral and purchase with a partner.
Magento: B.I.: https://magento.com/legal/terms/privacy
We use Magento Business Intelligence as an analytics tool to understand our business’ performance. Magento B.I. pulls sales information straight from Magento, including data related to: Products, Orders, Revenue and Customers, e.g.: a customer’s lifetime value. This can include revenue spent per customer, where the customer is identified by their email address. This information is essential for the processing of orders; Magento B.I. simply allows us to aggregate the data and display it in reports and dashboards.
When might we provide personal information to others?
- When we use other companies to provide services on our behalf, e.g. processing, mailing or delivering orders, answering customers’ questions about products or services, sending mail and emails, analysing data or processing credit card payments
- If you have agreed that we may do so (including if we have told you that we would like to share your information with other like-minded organisations and you have not indicated that you don’t want us to do this)
- If we receive a complaint about any content you have posted or transmitted to or from our site, if required to do so by law, to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions or if we believe that we need to do so to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Osprey, our website or our visitors and for other lawful purposes
- If we merge with another organisation to form a new entity, information may be transferred to the new entity
- We may disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors, customers and sales to describe our services and operations to prospective partners, advertisers and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics won’t include any personally identifying information
Where is the information stored?
Information which you submit via our websites, apps, competitions or prize draws is sent to a computer located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information and to send you the information/products you have requested. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and to other reputable third-party organisations as referred to in this statement and these may be situated outside the European Economic Area.
We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. Whilst we can’t ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data won’t occur, we’ll do our best to try to prevent this.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet isn’t completely secure and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information we can’t ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data won’t occur whilst you or we are transferring this data.
Where you or we have provided a password enabling you to access parts of our websites, use our apps or use our services, it’s your responsibility to keep this password confidential. Please don’t share your password with anyone.
The addition of password requirements has been added to the website as a form of risk mitigation.
Our website may contain links to other sites and our website can also be accessed from links on third party sites. We can’t be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access those sites using links from our website or if you linked to our website from those sites. We recommend that you check the privacy statement of each site you visit and contact the website owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Using our social media pages
(i.e. Osprey pages on websites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or Pinterest)
Whilst this statement covers our privacy practices and how we will use any data collected from our website and social media pages, it doesn’t cover how providers of social media websites will use your information. You should read the social media site’s privacy policies before adding any content to our social media pages. Make use of the social media site privacy settings and reporting mechanisms to control the way that your information is handled.
Posting content on our website and social media pages
Remember that the internet provides instant worldwide access. Any information that you provide will be just that – worldwide instantly!
We do not moderate our website. So, if you post comments about other people it’s not only your privacy that is at stake. Protect your friends’ privacy and reputations. Be careful about uploading any content that may show you or your friends in compromising situations and be aware that other users may abuse the content you have provided.
Please don’t provide information about yourself or other people unless you’re sure you and they are happy to have it made public. In particular, don’t provide any information about others without their consent where that information might identify them, such as:-
- Tagged photos
Under no circumstances make public other peoples’ home address, email addresses or contact numbers.
Using our ‘Tell a friend’ services
Before using our “Tell a Friend” services to email your friends about our activities or products, please make sure that you have your friend’s consent to receive our email. Before sending an email to your friend in this way we need you to provide your name and email address (please do not provide us with fictitious or hoax email address or names) so that we can let your friend know who has arranged for the email to be sent.
If you choose to forward an email that we have sent you, then you do so at your own discretion but as with the above please be sure that the person that you forward the email onto will be happy to receive it.
How long we keep your data for
In line with data protection principles, we only keep your data for as long as we need it. Such analytical tools as Google Analytics that store anonymised data will be kept indefinitely so that we can use historical data to make informed decisions about website developments based on our users’ interactions.
Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not send us any information about yourself including your name, address, telephone number, or e-mail address. In the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have received information from or about a child under the age of 13 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Minors Over the Age of 13
We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask a parent or guardian for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone, including us, over the Internet.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to our use of your data, and the way in which we collect and disclose it. To find out more about your rights under this Act, visit the Information Commissioner’s website: https://www.ico.org.uk/
If you would like to review or revise information you have previously provided to us online or via an app, you can do so by emailing email@example.com
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you or if you have any questions relating to this statement or how we use the personal information we have about you, please write to the Web Manager, Osprey Europe Ltd., Talon House, Aston Way, Poole, Dorset, BH12 4FE, UK.
The law on data protection gives you certain rights in relation to the data we hold on you. These are:
- The right to be informed This means that we must tell you how we use your data, and this is the purpose of this privacy notice
- The right of access You have the right to access the data that we hold on you. To do so, you should make a subject access request
- The right for any inaccuracies to be corrected If any data that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you are able to require us to correct it
- The right to have information deleted If you would like us to stop processing your data, you have the right to ask us to delete it from our systems where you believe there is no reason for us to continue processing it
- The right to restrict the processing of the data For example, if you believe the data we hold is incorrect, we will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct
- The right to portability You may transfer the data that we hold on you for your own purposes
- The right to object to the inclusion of any information You have the right to object to the way we use your data where we are using it for our legitimate interests
- The right to regulate any automated decision-making and profiling of personal data You have a right not to be subject to automated decision making in way that adversely affects your legal rights
Where you have provided consent to our use of your data, you also have the unrestricted right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will stop processing the data that you had previously given us consent to use. There will be no consequences for withdrawing your consent. However, in some cases, we may continue to use the data where so permitted by having a legitimate reason for doing so.
We may make changes to this statement from time to time. If we change our privacy statement we will post the changes on this page.
Your acceptance of this statement
By using our sites, apps or social media pages, or by entering a competition or prize draw or registering to receive our newsletters, you consent to our collection and use of information in accordance with this statement. If you don’t agree to this statement, please don’t use our site, social media pages or apps or enter our competitions or register for our newsletters.
This Privacy & Cookie Statement was last updated: 23rd May 2018