Mike is one of the world’s greatest living adventurer-explorers. His motto is: ‘the impossible exists only until we find a way to make it possible.’ In 2007, he was elected a member of the Laureus World Sports Academy in recognition of his ground-breaking human achievements.
The Variant 37 offers me all I need and much more. It’s light but strong and has easy to use organisation. This saves me time, and time is life above 7500m. The Variant becomes part of the movement of my body as I climb. To me it’s the must have for big expeditions!VIEW THE VARIANT SERIES
- 1997 -Mike travelled the entire length on the Amazon using a hydrospeed, hunting for food and sleeping on the riverbanks at night
- 1999 – He solo circumnavigated the globe around the equator without any motorised transport
- 2002 – He travelled 20,000km across the Arctic Circle by boat, kayak, ski kite and on foot. This 2 year expedition earnt Mike a nomination for the ‘2005 Laureus World Alternative Sportsperson of the Year Award’
- 2006 – He crossed the North Pole during the dark season and scaled 8,000 metre peaks
- 2014 – He summited Mount Makalu (8,463m) in Nepal without the use of additional oxygen or high altitude porters
- 2016 – He recently set off on his latest expedition “Pole2Pole”, a two-year circumnavigation of the globe via the South and North Pole