Sales & Training
Location: Poole HQ – Talon House
Salary: up to £25,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic individual to manage sales and provide training across allocated regions, as well as training across Europe (including Denmark, Sweden and Finland). The role will be based from Osprey Europe’s purpose built Headquarters in Poole, Dorset but will involve extensive travel across Europe.
Osprey Europe was established in the UK in 2003 to handle supply of Osprey products to the European market and to increase its global recognition as an industry leader. This is a fast-paced, innovative company which prides itself on delivering high quality products and excellent customer service.
About the Role
Sales and Training
- Maintain an up to date, current and detailed knowledge of the entire Osprey line
- Manage and deal with all sales and business relationships with an assigned group of customers in the allocated regions
- Advise customers on our new and existing product lines
- Provide product presentations, whether at the European Head Office, customers’ stores or tradeshows
- Provide support and a point of contact for the customers and helping them to grow sales of the products within their stores in the allocated regions
- Obtain, listen to and record customer and retailer comments
- Act on the information received to improve product and service levels
- Provide a complete training and support package to stores selling our products
- Visit stores to conduct thorough training sessions, listening to and recording staff feedback on designs and features
- Evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing message and ensuring that all dealer lists are kept up to date with the correct information
Tradeshows, Events, Sales and Product Meetings and Travel
- Travel both within the UK and outside the UK
- Help to organise trade show stands and facilities, attending trade shows, events, sales meetings and product meetings
- Provide feedback on product design
About the Ideal Person
It is essential you have knowledge and experience of:
- Working in a retail environment
- Working in a sales environment including pre-visit planning, account development and region management
- A knowledge of the outdoor industry
- A knowledge of Osprey product
- Fluent in Danish, Swedish or Finnish would be an added bonus
You will have strong problem identification and resolution skills with a high level of integrity and work ethic. It is an essential that you are able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers, which will require a flexible and adaptable attitude with exceptional listening, verbal communication and presentation skills. With high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm, you must possess a passion for and interest in our products.
This role will involve extensive travel throughout Europe so you must possess a valid driver’s licence and passport.Apply
California 1974. Osprey was born at the seat of a single sewing machine with a head full of ideas and a desire to design & build innovative backpacks to the highest standards.
Since those humble beginnings, Osprey has built a worldwide reputation and distribution network that holds true to those founding principles.
Today Osprey packs are continuing that early pioneering spirit of daily adventure, from the highest mountains to the remotest islands and everywhere in between.
29 Days Holiday
Discretionary Bonus Scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme Option
Employee of the Month
Pension & Life Insurance
Casual Dress Code