1 x Transporter 95 • 4 Adventurers • 16 x Countries • 101,370 km travelled to date • Relay completed
Country of residence: UK
Adventure: From Peaks to the Coast
Dates: Oct-Dec 2017
As an expedition doctor I split my time between working in extreme environments and pursuing my own adventures. I’m also a keen trail runner and hiker, because of this I spend as much time as possible in the mountains. During Fall 2017 the blue Transporter 95 was my trusted companion whilst summiting Africa’s highest mountain Kilimanjaro, trekking the Himalayas, cycling Brazil’s coast, and more.
Watch Clare’s AdventureProof Pitch
- 20th October 2017 – Clare Conelly (AKA @Doc_GoneWild) arrived in Tanzania to begin her Kilimanjaro trek for #TeamTransporterBlue
- 27th October 2017 – After exploring the local urban culture, Clare began her climb on Mount Kilimanjaro. The route they travelled was the famous Lemosho
- 28th October 2017 – Clare began her second day on the climb. It took her through Forest, slopes of heather and rocky ridges
- 1st November 2017 – Clare reached Stella Point by sunrise. Hours later she stood on the summit of Kilimanjaro at 5,895m
- 6th November 2017 – From Kilimanjaro, Clare travelled over 6,500km to Nepal to trek the Annapurna circuit
- 15th November 2017 – Clare finished her tour on the Annapurna circuit and wrapped up with a hike and run to the Giant’s Causeway in Ireland
Country of residence: Germany
Adventure: Southeast Asian Exploration
Dates: Jan-Mar 2018
As Kurt Tucholsky once said: “The greatest sight to see is the world – look at it!” Before I finish my Masters Degree I want to experience more of this awesome world. My choice fell on Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia, to allow me to experience something completely different. Luscious jungles, complex history, creative cuisine, bustling vibrant cities and visually stunning landscapes – There is adventure in every aspect of this region.
Watch Michael’s AdventureProof Pitch
- 10th January 2018 – Michael Zimmerman (AKA @zimmermichi) received the blue transporter from Clare and continued the #TeamTransporterBlue journey
- 12th January 2018 – Michael leaves for Sa Pa, Vietnam. His plans were to immerse himself in as much culture as possible on his South East Asian Adventure
- 18th January 2018 – Michael trekked through jungles and rice fields, exploring the local trails
- 30th January 2018 – Travelled to Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam. This vibrant city is home to centuries old architecture and temples galore
- 6th February 2018 – Michael explores the Trang An Grottoes by boat
- 13th February 2018 – Michael arrives in Cambodia
- 19th February 2018 – Michael explores hidden waterfalls in the Duc Trong district
- 3rd March 2018 – Michael explores the ancient Angkor Wat
- 7th March 2018 – Michael ended his adventure in Chiang Mai, Thailand
Country of residence: France
Adventure: The Patagonian Winds
Dates: Apr-Jun 2018
My plan is to escape the rains of north-east France and trade them for something more adventurous. I’ll be travelling into the famous Patagonian winds for a 2000km trip from El Chaltén to Ushuai (the most southern city in the world!). Combining my mountain-and-sea-addict skills (and a knack for improvisation), I’ll be pushing my limits in order to avoid motorised transportation wherever possible. My hope is that by giving this everything I’ve got I’ll be rewarded with a rich experience.
Watch Timothée’s AdventureProof Pitch
- 30th May 2018 – Timothée arrives in Buenoes Aires, Argentina
- 31st May 2018 – He begins his journey in Patagonia with a glacier trek through the Argentinian Steppes and exploring Patagonian ice caves
- 1st June 2018 – Arrived in El Chalten for a day of hiking to Laguna Capri and Mt Fitz Roy as well as discovering the Chorillo del Salto waterfall
- 3rd June 2018 – Hiked along the Madre e Hija trail to find beautiful views of frozen lakes on his way to the Campamento Poincenot just in time to watch the sunset
- 9th June 2018 – Timothée reached Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world and after a day of exploring, visited the beautiful landscapes of the Tierra del Fuego National Park
- 12th June 2018 – Took the ferry over to Torres del Paine, Chile which included stunning views of Lake Nordenskjöld, the Grey Glacier in Mirador Grey, and an impressive sunrise over Cerro Paine Grande
- 16th June 2018 – For the last leg of his adventure, Timothée took the mountainous road to Puerto Natales where his group encountered the region’s iconic creatures; the Nandus, Guanacos and Condors
Country of residence: Italy
Adventure: Sustainable Travel – A climate change journal
Dates: Jul-Aug 2018
My aim is to travel from Milan to Beijing using only sustainable/ smart transportation. I’ll set a maximum limit of CO2 expenditure, analysing the emissions of all transport used. I’ll also be measuring the quality of air as I progress and then documenting how the cities are reacting to climate change. I’ll be recording an online journal of this experience, with an ultimate goal to explore the beauty that can be found on a trip with sustainable travel only.
Watch Giovanni’s AdventureProof Pitch
- 24th July 2018 – After spending 12 hours travelling on the night train Giovanni arrived in Vienna, Austria for the first stop of his tour
- 25th July 2018 – Exploring the sights of Vienna, known for being one of the greenest cities in Europe using only his longboard to get around
- 27th July 2018 – Arrives in Prague to learn more about the Czech culture where he savours night time views overlooking the city and its historic Charles Bridge
- 29th July 2018 – Giovanni reaches Berlin to learn more about why it is one of the most sustainable cities and of course to try the city’s famous delicacies!
- 31st July 2018 – Despite Poland being one of the most polluted countries in Europe, Giovanni sees the country as an inspiration for change and one that is rich in Soviet architecture and landscapes
- 3rd August 2018 – Finds hidden Gems in the city of Riga in Latvia, an incredibly clean city that he found was very accessible by foot and very warm!
- 4th August 2018 – Visits Tallin in Estonia for the first time to explore its Medieval architecture and stunning views of the Baltic sea
- 8th August 2018 – Arrives by coach to Russia, one of the biggest countries in the world, to explore the culture rich cities of St. Petersburg and Moscow
- 9th August 2018 – 28 hours of train ride later, Giovanni reaches Moscow to learn all about its fascinating traditions
- 13th August 2018 – Begins his 2 day and 19-hour long journey along the Trans-Siberian railway towards Krasnoyarsk. The Trans-Siberian Railway is famous for being the longest railway line in the world spanning over 9,289 km!
- 15th August 2018 – After spending 3 days on the train, Giovanni heads straight to the Krasnoyarsk National Park to bask in its unique views over the Siberian Forest and to spend some quality time outdoors
- 16th August 2018 – Leaves Krasnoyarsk for another long train journey, this time “only” 18 hours. Although taking the train takes so much more time it does mean you can really spend some time soaking in the amazing Siberian landscapes whilst reducing your carbon footprint
- 20th August 2018 – Found in the middle of Lake Baikal is the remote island of Olkhon. Here Giovanni spends some time exploring its unique history and landscapes
- 22nd August 2018 – Hitchhiking may be daunting to travellers but it is another form of travel that can be very fulfilling and helped Giovanni reach the capital of Mongolia when buses were no longer an option
- 27th August 2018 – Reaches Beijing for this last stop of his adventure to fit in some trekking along the Great Wall of China!
AdventureProof. Transporter duffel bags are the perfect marriage of durability and lightweight versatility. Built to be tough yet comfortable to carry and boasting a range of adventure-ready features.BECOME ADVENTUREPROOF